Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm back...

Hi all, it has been a while since my last post (sorry!) and it's not because I haven't been busy.

I have had a lot on my plate as of late and finding time to get to the laptop has been slim.  I will share more about that in the weeks to come.

Today I am sharing a project which is now a little old (meant to post it ages ago) but these were secret squirrel for a while.

Back in March I did a course on how to make cushions which came in very handy for Mother's Day (in May for Australia) presents.  I had great fun mixing up the designs and matching the colours for each of these special women.

First up I made these red, white and grey combos for my Mother In Law which I think she loved.


The quilting was fairly simple with shadowing the strips of fabric.



Next I made these two lovelies for my 91 year old Nan.  She couldn't believe I would make them for her.  It was very sweet.


For the star cushion, I quilted around the inside and outside stars.

And lastly I made these for my Mum.


The Dresden Plate was quilted around the edge and inside hexagon.


I really love this Dear Stella collection, Piper.

 I also loved that the instant gratification with them taking considerably less time to make than a quilt.

I will have a quilt to share with you in a few days time.  It was also secret squirrel but as my sister's birthday has passed I will be able to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment