Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week in review...

It has been another busy week with finishing up a couple of old projects and starting some new.

First up is a really old work in progress that is now finished.  It took so long for no other reason than, there was always something else to get done first.  I started these almost 12 months ago.


Then there are the Dresden Plates which are now hanging on the wall in my sewing room.


The most recent finish for the week is this beautiful Marti Michell BOM quilt.  It came back from the long arm quilter on Thursday afternoon and was straight home so I could add the binding.  I had the binding completed by 9am the next morning.  As you may remember from previous posts I was making this quilt for my dear Nana who is turning 92 this year.  I gave it to her on Friday and she thought it was great!!  I couldn't have been happier :)



At the last moment and because there was fabric left from the backing I made the two pillowcases to match the quilt.


The majority of fabrics in the quilt were Tilda Fabrics which are very pretty and feminine.

I used this cute pale pink gingham for the backing and had a huge rose pattern quilted across the quilt.



Next, I am still working on the quilt using the strips of fabric from the last post.  I was waiting on the white fabric, but as soon as I got that, the top was completed.  Just need to get it basted now.  It is using Folk Tale by Natalie Lymer.


I also made a start on the Afternoon Tea quilt from the Dessert Roll Quilt book.  

I cut the fabric on Monday.

I worked through yesterday and this morning to have the completed front.


I hope to have this basted tomorrow and to start quilting over the weekend.

I am linking to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday.


Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



No comments:

Post a Comment