Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Posy Quilt & WIP

It has been so nice to be back behind the sewing machine, even if it's only been for short periods at a time.

For the past week I have been finishing up the Posy Quilt and I have to say, it is super cute!  You can see more about the fabric used here.

The colours in the Posy by Aneela Hoey Layer Cake are gorgeous.  I used Cotton Couture Crocus for the binding.  I really love working with Michael Miller's Cotton Couture collection, it is so soft.


For the backing I used Sarah Jane's Children at Play On Parade.  It gave the backing some interest with the pattern running down each side of the quilt.


As with most of my quilts (except the ones I've kept) I've made a little drawstring bag to keep the quilt in when not in use.  I couldn't believe I found the exact same purple for the ribbon in the first shop I visited.


I really hope Sidney loves it.

I am still working on my husband's quilt.  I have now finished all the small blocks and am now in the process of piecing them together.





I am linking to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday.


Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely and I adore the back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Posy quilt...love the crocus binding and the bag!

    Your husbands quilt is a sure winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized your Posy quilt right away as I have made a few quilts from the same pattern - it looks beautiful and I love the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best use for the Children at Play print! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your husband's quilt is going to be amazing! I love those blocks! I also love the idea of giving a quilt in a drawstring bag. What a nice thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done so far on your husband's quilt. I have not been brave enough to make my husband a quilt yet - I figure a couple more years of marriage and I will ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Posey quilt is precious! What a lucky recipient!

    Good luck finishing your husband's quilt! It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is too cute and the back is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute quilt! I really like the drawstring bag idea too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete